This is what I'm talking about today: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071211/ap_on_re_us/church_shootings;_ylt=AoThrDFUy1KdTv15xhmm6hSs0NUE
Wow that's a long link.
Anyway. I read another article this morning where the security guard who shot this guy says she credits god with her reaction and the outcome of the incident.
What a laugh to me. You're going to give god credit when someone comes into his church shooting people? Hello - where was god to begin with? If god was so great and all powerful and instrumental in the fact that you were able to shoot this guy, WHY DID IT HAPPEN TO BEGIN WITH? Was god asleep? Ooops, sorry I was in the bathroom and missed this lunatic? I will never understand this. When something bad happens, it's the devil. But if something good happens, then god had his hand in it. How does that work? It's so stupid and simple-minded to me, if god is responsible for the good then he's responsible for the bad too. Or, conversely, if the devil is responsible for the bad then he's responsible for the good too.
Please spare me the "free will" argument. I've heard that one til it makes me want to throw up, and all it does is bring to mind the statement that religion is the opiate of the masses. I have always had a hard time understanding when god lets bad things happen to children, but I guess in my own way I understand it. He doesn't protect them because they're not out doing anything to lead others to god...but a church and a missionary school? Honestly, it's laughable, in a sad sad way.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have no comment on the entry, but am happy to see a new one. :)
Post a Comment